TRUSTe Privacy Dispute Resolution Service
Privacy Dispute Resolution is included with all TRUSTe privacy certification products, as well as with Privacy Shield and Safe Harbor Assessments – and can also be purchased separately.
Through our privacy dispute resolution process, TRUSTe helps facilitate consumers’ privacy complaints through an online submission mechanism. We act as an intermediary between the business and the consumer, if initial attempts to contact the business have failed.
TRUSTe Alternative Dispute Resolution service meets the new requirements outlined in the EU US Privacy Shield Privacy Principles and provides the following benefits:
- Gives your customers confidence that you are committed to their privacy
- Helps mitigate unintentional privacy violations that may accompany web page updates or new initiatives
- Gives you a trusted advisor in determining the best way to turn unhappy customers into happy customers.
- Provides an important alternative for consumers to escalating privacy complaints which may otherwise be directed toward regulatory bodies such as the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in the US or the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Dispute Resolution Purchase Options
Dispute Resolution is available standalone as well as packaged with our Privacy Shield guided assessment and validation offerings.
|Dispute Resolution *|
|Privacy Feedback Button|
|Comprehensive Assessment: Customer and / or HR Data|
|Searchable Audit Trail|
|DOC Registration Assistance|
|TRUSTe Privacy Seal|
|TRUSTe Letter of Attestation|
|TRUSTe Third-party Verification Listing for DOC|
* Dispute Resolution (DR) is only included with Customer Data solutions. DPAs must provide DR for HR Data related inquiries.
If you want to explore our comprehensive Privacy Shield compliance solutions, check out EU-US Privacy Shield Assessment and Verification.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION FEATURES
Dispute ResolutionTRUSTe provides a third-party dispute resolution service, which helps you efficiently manage privacy inquiries from customers, and addresses the dispute handling requirements of the EU-US Privacy Shield (which replaces “US-EU Safe Harbor”) Framework.
TRUSTe Data Privacy Management Platform
Privacy Dispute Resolution Sevice is part of our Data Privacy Management Platform. The Platform is a comprehensive SaaS solution which is available standalone and via a managed service delivery option.
The platform is used by global brands across all industries and has modules for assessment automation, ads compliance, cookie compliance, website monitoring, and dispute resolutions.
For more information, visit the TRUSTe Data Privacy Management Platform.